Tag Archive for: elegant
I love designing bedrooms that are elegant and timeless. This one has everything to make that happen- A grey tufted bedhead that you will still love in 5, even 10 years time. Now, let me talk about bed linen because for me it’s all about crisp white sheets and donna covers that always look fresh and yes timeless. Think about when you stay at a nice hotel and there is nothing better than getting into the nice white sheets. I love it! The other thing I like for my bedding is two feature cushions (yes thats right – only two). I don’t have time to fluff endless cushions for my bed each day so for me its all about having two cushions that you really love so a lot of times when I am working with clients these will be custom made so we can get that perfect fabric. If you know me then you know I love ottomans at the end of a bed but for this bedroom there wasn’t a lot of space at the end of the bed so I chose this beautiful love seat to go under the window to the side. This provides a seat to put on your shoes or let’s get real- it will probably be where your clothes get thrown at the end of the day. I chose these beautiful mirrors for above the bedside tables to add height because the ceilings were really high.
Hope you are inspired to create a bedroom you love, Andrea xx
I love designing bathrooms and I have 5 must haves to make a bathroom beautiful and timeless. This bathroom is part of our Heidelberg full renovation project and the client was very happy with the end result.
Must Have 1. Use timeless materials: Here we have chosen a porcelain tile but it has the look of natural marble which has a timeless quality so that it stands the test of time. I like to use the same tile on the floor and walls and I stay away from trends like feature tiles.
Must Have 2. Add Wall Lights on either side of the vanity mirror: Here we chose these gorgeous wall lights that have crystal droplets so they are very luxurious. Having wall lights look great but they are also a good source of lighting around the mirror which is perfect for getting ready.
Must Have 3. Choose a bevelled mirror: This mirror is stuck directly onto the tiles but to add a bit of luxury we made sure the mirror was bevelled.
Must Have 4. Choose Shutters: I always use shutters for window coverings in bathrooms because they look beautiful but they are also practical as they can be wiped clean and opened slightly for ventilation if required.
Must Have 5. Finishing Touches: I love to add flowers in bathrooms and a beautiful tray to display items like perfumes.
I hope you are inspired to create a beautiful bathroom that you can enjoy for many years to come. Andrea xx
It was an absolute pleasure designing this renovation and the lounge room is one of my favourite rooms. This home was transformed completely and it’s such a great feeling when my clients love their homes when they are complete. I hope you are inspired to make your home beautiful too. Andrea
Before – This Powder room was in need of a make over – See for yourself below:
I will share with you 5 ways I made this powder room elegant
- Add Wallpaper – There are so many different styles and patterns of wallpaper so this is a sure way to personalise a space just for you. I love this one because it has the metallic leaves which give it an elegant look and the colours are very neutral so its also timeless.
- Add Wainscotting – I am a HUGE fan of wainscotting because it is so cost effective and it’s so easy to install. I have installed it myself at home so I am talking from experience. The top rail is skirting board and then trim is used to create the squares. Painted in white I think you will agree that it has given this powder room a fresh and elegant look.
- Choose knobs or handles that are special – These knobs are glass cut and quite a bit bigger than a standard knob. Its the small details like knobs that make all the difference to your room so put some thought into choosing something special.
- Add a wall light – Just about every bathroom, ensuite or powder room that I design has a wall light. I do this because they not only look great but they are a great light source in these rooms.
- Choose a beautiful mirror – The client already had this mirror and because it suited the style and was beautiful we re used it. I like to use mirrors that are bevelled or have something special about them.
I hope you are inspired to create a beautiful powder room, Andrea xx