If you want a family photo wall it is best to choose a wall that is not too big. This one is perfect as its a small area near our stairs. I love that everytime I pass it I see beautiful photos of my family and the great places we have visited. I love to mix photos of architecture and also photos of the family in the same display. For these photos I chose all black frames in various sizes and I have hung them all the way to the top. I always choose frames with a matt board because they look so much nicer. Black and white photos are timeless and I will add more photos to this wall as we create new memories along the way.
I have leaned the photo frames against the wall on top of the tv cabinet in my lounge room. These photos are all from our trip to Paris and London and I have mixed photos of architecture with photos of the family. Surround yourself with things you love that remind you of your special memories like I have done here. I love the Eiffel Tower so I have added this to the display and also some old cameras from my husbands dad as they are special to our family.
My top 5 tips on photo displays
1. Always choose frames with a matt board
2. Black & white photos are timeless
3. Buy frames that are the same finish but all different sizes to create a family photo wall
4. Lean photos against the wall on mantel’s, consoles etc for a relaxed look
5. Make sure the wall is not too big for a family photo wall
Keep adding to your photos and have fun with it.