https://www.jemdeninteriors.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMG_4156.jpg 1000 667 Andrea Davison https://www.jemdeninteriors.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Screen-Shot-2019-06-19-at-9.57.15-am-300x273.png Andrea Davison2018-03-14 00:26:452018-11-05 11:39:325 Ways to add elegance to a Powder Room
Before – This Powder room was in need of a make over – See for yourself below:
I will share with you 5 ways I made this powder room elegant
- Add Wallpaper – There are so many different styles and patterns of wallpaper so this is a sure way to personalise a space just for you. I love this one because it has the metallic leaves which give it an elegant look and the colours are very neutral so its also timeless.
- Add Wainscotting – I am a HUGE fan of wainscotting because it is so cost effective and it’s so easy to install. I have installed it myself at home so I am talking from experience. The top rail is skirting board and then trim is used to create the squares. Painted in white I think you will agree that it has given this powder room a fresh and elegant look.
- Choose knobs or handles that are special – These knobs are glass cut and quite a bit bigger than a standard knob. Its the small details like knobs that make all the difference to your room so put some thought into choosing something special.
- Add a wall light – Just about every bathroom, ensuite or powder room that I design has a wall light. I do this because they not only look great but they are a great light source in these rooms.
- Choose a beautiful mirror – The client already had this mirror and because it suited the style and was beautiful we re used it. I like to use mirrors that are bevelled or have something special about them.
I hope you are inspired to create a beautiful powder room, Andrea xx